Frequently Asked Questions
- Does my dog have to be up to date on their vaccinations?
- Yes, you will need to provide a copy of your pet's rabies and vaccinations, along with your veterinarian's name and phone number. This is protection for your pet. This can be updated yearly.
- How often should I get my pet groomed?
- On the average, dogs should be groomed every four to eight weeks. Of course, this depends on the owner's ability to do daily brush outs. It also depends on your pet's breed, coat and how often your dog is outside. You may want your dog to be groomed on a tighter schedule to keep their cuts crisp.
- Does frequent bathing harm my pet's coat?
- No, veterinarians will encourage you to have your pet groomed on a regular basis. I use high quality shampoos and conditioners to help relieve dry, itchy skin.
- My pet sheds all the time, any help for that?
- Yes, I can de-shed the coat during and after bathing which reduces shedding. Also offer Furamintor treatments if required.
- My pet is really, really matted, what can you do for them?
- I offer a relaxing, pain free, grooming experience for your pet. If your pet is severely matted, I will be able to offer you a "shave down" using my longest length blade that will penetrate the mats. If this is not acceptable to you, you may want to comb out the mats, with particular attention to the stomach, underarms and behind ears, before you arrive. Just remember, it is more humane to cut down the coat and start all over again than to de-mat a heavily matted coat. Also, decreasing the time between appointments and/or settling for a different coat style should be discussed at this time.
- What type of products do you use on my pet?
- In an attempt to give my clients the best service, I use only premium shampoos and conditioners that are designed specifically for pets. However, if you prefer that I use your pet shampoo, just provide me with it. Some of the different shampoos I use are: Flea and Tick, Relaxing Lavender Magic, Sugar cookie,Tearless, Berry, All Natural Cree Organic, Medicated, Oatmeal and Tea.
- What if the client needs to cancel their pet's appointment?
- No problem, as long as you notify me 24 hours in advance of your appointment, (so that I can fill this time slot with another client's pet).
- What type of payments do you accept?
- All grooming fees must be paid at the time of service by cash or credit card. Debit is not available at this time.
- Do you have evening or weekend appointments?
- Yes, or I can schedule off-hour appointments if the situation requires it.
- How do I schedule an appointment?
- Most likely, I will not at times be available to answer during grooming appointments. However, if you leave me the following information, I will get back with you ASAP
- Your name, and return phone number
- Your dog's name
- breed of your pet
- Does your pet need special attention, ie: disabled, senior or aggressive tendencies
- What type of grooming schedule you would like to be on (if it applies)
- When you were hoping to book the appointment
- You can also fill out my Book an Appointment page!